Thunderstorm & Lighting Safety
- Have a Lightning safety plan.
- Before going outdoors, check the forecast for thunderstorms.
- Get to a safe place.
- If you hear thunder or see a lightning move indoors immediately.
- Water pipes conduct electricity. Don’t take a a bath or a shower or use other plumbing during a storm.
- If you can not get inside a building, stay in your car. Make sure all windows are closed.
- Stay as far away from trees as you can.
- Stay out of all water.
- Do not touch anything metal.
- Do not use a telephone with a cord.
- Do not use electrical equipment like appliances or computers.