Knowing how to prepare and deal with potential flooding in advance can affect how much of your property can be restored and how much has to be replaced. Below are prevention, mitigation and restoration tips to follow until help arrives:
Flood Prevention Tips
- Determine if your property is in a floodplain.
- In any emergency, always listen to the instructions given by the local emergency management officials.
- Carefully assess how your company functions, both internally and externally, to determine which staff, materials, procedures and equipment are absolutely necessary to keep the business operating.
- Plan what you will do if your building, plant or store is not accessible. This type of planning is often referred to as a continuity of operations plan, or COOP, and includes all facets of your business.
- Review your emergency plans annually. Just as your business changes over time, so do your preparedness needs.